Get this calculator and more on your Smart Phone or Tablet in the Camera Calculators App
What is a Circle of Confusion?
The Circle of Confusion (CoC) is the size of the blur spot which our eyes cannot distinguish from a point.
- Choose the sensor size of your camera.
- (Advanced)Select the dividend for the Circle of Confusion calculation. On this site we use the d/1500 calculation, which represents resolving 5 lines per millimeter on a print measuring 30 cm in diagonal. d/1730 is sometimes known as the Zeiss Formula, though Zeiss recommends d/1000 as a traditional standard, and d/1500 as a modern standard. If you are unsure, please select 1500.
The following two tabs change content below.
Jean-Pierre La Forest is a photographer and videographer based out of Florenceville-Bristol, NB, Canada. JP specializes in commercial and tourism photography and videography, where he helps businesses, artists, and towns to market themselves. He also teaches the art of photography on his YouTube channel and blog. You can reach him on Google+
Latest posts by Jean-Pierre La Forest (see all)
- Lite-Scoop by Light Genius review and demo - January 30, 2016
- Pergear A216C Air Switch LED Video Light Panel review - November 29, 2015
- Flash Calculator – Studio JPIC Camera Calculators version 1.2.0 now available! - July 4, 2015